Re: Sydney people movers.

In article <7dnr0r$bul$1@news.mel.aone.net.au>,
  "David Proctor" <daproc@spam_this.umpires.com> wrote:
> Lachlan Smith wrote in message <01be79dd$14ef1a20$e5ed38cb@default>...
>
> >Or here in Adelaide where the rail system is on the most part just plain
> >crap. Period.
>
> I agree - we are rather spoilt in Sydney - we at Penrith have 5 trains an
> hour to the City OFF-PEAK - and somewhat more during the peaks - and we are
> over 50km out. 24 hour transport, 7 days a week (I know, Melbourne has
> nightriders, but only on Fri/Sat nights, and you cannot use your existing
> tickets on them) - all we need to make it perfect is Melbournes ticketing
> system (not Metcard, but the zone system and the time based ticketing!)

As well as integrated ticketing, Sydney definately needs proper cleaning. I
can live with late trains, I can cope with garbled PA announcements, I can
survive semi-fasts from Campbelltown to the City via East Hills suddenly
turning into local sevices because a previous train has been cancelled. What
I cannot accept about CityRail is the lack of cleaning for both the trains
and stations. It is often a disgusting environment to travel in! Furthermore,
much more frequent revenue protection and transit police patrols should help
reduce the amount of two-legged filth that so often invade our rail system.

> DaveP

Rob

Sydney (Australia)