NG v SG

Is there some problem with the Railpage server as messages seem to take
forever to appear or do not appear at all? In regard to the idea of
squeezing narrow gauge in between standard gauge I understand the main
problem is that all 3'6" systems in Australia lay the rails vertical to the
sleepers, much the same as a tramway instead of canted in towards the
centre line as per standard gauge. I also understand that rail and wheel
wear is very severe on the heavy coal lines in Queensland.  Qld Rail should
have spent its money on standardising its NG system rather than wasting
money on electrifying the Brisbane to Rockhampton line and upgrading the
Rocky to Townsville line which sees little traffic.

Cheers

RJG