Re: CityRail to Bathurst

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 07:52:43 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David
Bromage) wrote:

>If CityRail was to run Endeavours from Lithgow to Bathurst, what locations
>still have platforms? I know Wallerawang, Rydal, Tarana, Locksley and
>Raglan were still served in 1989, but I was wondering about other
>locations which could become a typical CityRail unattended platform, e.g.
>Bowenfells.

G'day.

There are no Endeavour sets available, and after the recent prang in
Newcastle, not even a spare 620 class.

Perhaps a deal could be arranged for a short term hire of one of State
Mine Railway's units!

As far as I am aware, the current platform situation is:

Boenfels now only has a "down" platform.

Wang remains - just!

Rydal.   Single track passes next to the down platform.

Tarana remains, track passes throuh down patform.

Locksley has gone.

I think Raglan remains.

Hunslet.