Re: Gonninans Sale

United is a road transport firm. GE would probably be willing to pay a
control premium to protect its market interests. The only other would be
EDI, to eliminate competition.

GEC Alstom (not Alstrom) are the successors to English Electric and are the
OTHER General Electric - would Goninan's keep their GE licence under that
regime???? Real food for thought! Bombardier (also Belgium) took over Alco's
locomotive interests in North America, but that line has gone the way of
dinosaurs (I 4 shadow 4 stroke 4 lorn-ness). I wonder who at SMH dreamed up
that list? One thing's 4 sure, Alstom, Bombardier and GE all have excellent
4 stroke credentials, and I don't recall too many DDAs in United's truck
fleet.

DW