Ringwood Station

I can confirm that there will be total occupation at
Ringwood on the Weekend of 26-28 March 1999.  Same
as last time shut down at 2100 on Friday till 0400
on Monday.  Buses from Mitcham to Lilydale/Belgrave
adding way to many minutes on to the trip time.  I am
not sure of the exact work planned but I belive it is
installing one turnout from the down end of Platform 2
(the current up platform, know to passengers as 1) to
the centre line, where the centre line will have no
points just a curve into the turnout, as the rest of
the centre line has been removed.  Also I think they
will be removing the crossover on the Up side on the
Wantirna Road bridge as this has been clipped for about
6 weeks now and is not on the final plan.

I believe the next weekend after this is planned for
the 23-25 April, it is every four weeks till June/July.

With regards to the Platform numbering, I have always
worked on Platform 3 (down) and Platform 2 (up) as
shown in most signalling diagrams and in the signal box
since the 1960's.  In the WWT it shows Ringwood station
with on island platform and one other.  The island
platform is numbered 1, and a given length, the other
platfrom is left blank.

Regards,

--
Chris Gordon