Re: BLs vs NRS

arthur marsh <marsh@ties.itu.int> wrote:

>What's the maximum gradient on the Adelaide to Alice Springs section?

>From Tarcoola to Alice Springs the grade is 1 in 125
BUT when those seasonal cross winds blow out there,
running in notch 8 was fairly frequent.  There is a
long stiff climb out of the salt pans at Wirrappa
heading West to Pimba on the TAR. I can't recall the
grade, but it will bring the best of them down to a
"leisurely" pace by the time they reach the top, part
of the reason are the reverse curves just West of
Wirrappa, so no chance to get a run at the jump-up.

----Terry Burton