Re: Sydney Harbour Bridge Questions

Daruwalla 2460 wrote in message <7ck96j$slq$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>I visited the bridge exhibition in the South East
>Pylon on Saturday (well worth the $2 entry).
>
>They had the photo of the bridge testing where they
>locos.
>
>My question is: How did they get the locos onto the
>tram tracks? Was there a permanent connection between
>the two systems (if so, where?)? Did they build a
>temporary connection? Or did they simply lift the
>locos across? (well, maybe not "simply").
>
>Cheers
>
>Daruwalla

At the north end of the harbour bridge there used to be a bridge where the
railway tracks (as they were intended to be) on the eastern side crossed
over the roadway and ended up on the western side where they would have been
connected to the railway tracks which still exist.
Regards,
Chris Stratton
Wollongong, NSW, Australia.