One morning at Merri...

8:50 am Thursday, Merri Station. I'm waiting for the 8:54 up spark. I
see a headlight coming around the corner and think "Oh good, it's
early". But then I think "but why does my spark only have one headlight,
in the centre? Come to think of it, why does it have an orange front,
with a big V/ painted on it and a hooded cab? And for that matter, why
does the horn sound like a T class?". As it approached, I saw that it
was a T and a P class hauling a dead Comeng set.
I have never seen this movement on the Epping line before. I assume it
was coming from the Epping Maintenance Depot. How often does this happen
and why would they use a T and a P, both powering I might add. While
standing on the same platform, moments before, I saw an empty cars right
up the bum of a regular down.

Sam