Re: 520 or 621

The various colours of the 520s are described in the book "520" by
Doug Colquhoun, Ron Stewein and Adrian Thomas.

520, 521 and 522 were originally all painted hawthorn green with cream
lining whilst the others were black with silver.

The SAR and SteamRanger returned 520 to service in May 72 painted
black and silver, but when subsequently repainted, most recently in 78
following an extensive rebuild of the tender, the colour was returned
to the "as built" hawthorn green.  Stewein believes the present colour
is trhe same as originally used, but I was not around then so others
might like to comment.

Bob Green