Re: 3830

Railway Rasputin wrote in message <36E5B706.8516A3C9@fastlink.com.au>...

>Chris Stratton wrote:
>

>> I saw it on the loopline train with 2705, but it didn't come from Sydney
>> with 3830 as was originally intended. The weather was the same as usual
for
>> the Thirlmere Steam Extravaganza - rain! I've made a sound file of 3830
at
>> Douglas Park on the way to Thirlmere, hopefully it will be on Railpage
soon.
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Chris Stratton
>> Wollongong, NSW, Australia
>
>It was never intended to run with 3830.
>It came light engine with a gin, a real gin and not a converted oil tanker,
the
>day before and left arround 6 pm on the Sunday back to Sydney.
>
>rgds

Sorry, but the original request to 3801 Ltd from the RTM for that day's
movements was for a double headed (3830+3112) train from Sydney to Thirlmere
and return. The RTM later requested an earlier arrival of 3112 so that it
could be used on the loop line for the whole day.

Geoff Lillico
Office Manager
3801 Limited
www.globalpresence.com.au/3801/3801.htm