Re: What Derailment at Hornsby Yesterday?

Stuart Ellis wrote:

> Can anyone shed any light on an up NR superfreighter derailing while
> passing through Hornsby station yesterday morning. The details I have
> are very schetchy, but it indicates that a wagon or two derail at those
> double slip points.

Where does all this crap come from.

A ballast plough van rode up over some high ballast on the down shore line
in the closed track possession area.

The unfinished ballast work caused a track speed restriction until it could
be corrected the following night.End of story!