Re: C Class back in service again !........well...

On Mon, 08 Mar 1999 04:35:20 GMT, John MacCallum <johnmac@lisp.com.au>
wrote:

>"< Tell >" wrote:
>>
>> "Rod" <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote and I quote in part:
>> >
>> >Seems that NR had maintained the 817* units to a pretty good standard, but
>> >that Freight Rail had run theirs into the ground.
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> Ah.!  ......is that how State owned rail operations
>> "make a profit".
>
>There you all go again , making accusations that have no basis in
>reality. Freightcorp does not , " Run the theirs into the ground" at
>all. As for NRC I can't comment but NRC did benifit from a lot of
>repairs made to their 81's that Freightcorp paid for.
>
>John Mac

Well all i can say is try riding one at 115 ks  i do its my job they
are rough as guts after using the high numbered ones of which nr had
upgraded after threats of industrial action......(banned to second
units)
any repairs that freight corp have done were payed for by nr in the
last couple of years in a comercial arrangement(that has now passed
onto clyde in SA)
Bill