Sydney Ghan, from the other end.

For those folks who have yet to pick up on it.

GSR intend to run a Ghan service from Sydney to Alice
Springs.  The "maiden voyage" will be on the 11th of
April this year.  The train will make its way through
Western NSW into South Australia and divert into
Adelaide to allow passengers a short stop over to see
the sights.  The train will take 45 hours to complete
the 2856 Km trip to Alice Springs in the Northern
Territory.

The press release I have, mentions first class and
coach class, $1095 and $360 one way respectively.

MEMO GSR, ......try situps as well, and, ask National
Rail to front up with photos of their NR class on the
head of The Ghan.!  Our local paper, produced a fine
photograph of GM-1 all spick and span in Australian
National livery with the Ghan headboard.
Hey, I like the old Clyde GM's, but they are not
pulling the Ghan any more.!

Come on GSR and NRC, how about some decent headboards,
and up to date film clips to distribute to the various
media outlets.  Strewth, do you need me to advise you.
Tell Australia wherever you roll that there are trains
out there.!  It is not that hard.  ..........Yeah OK a
few bucks.

BTW, ...NSW folks, GSR will have the inaugural train
open for inspection at Sydney Central on the 11/4/99.

----Terry Burton
Alice Springs NT