SLR Intel Advertising

Another Sydney Variotram has received the all-over advertising treatment,
with 2106 now covered in vinyls to advertise the new Pentium III processor.
The end result is actually quite effective, matt blue on both end modules
with the Intel blue/green patterns in the middle. There is an STA (Mercedes)
bus carrying an almost identical livery, however the tram looks much more
classy! As part of the advertising livery, the old SLR logo has been replaced
with the new Metro Light Rail logo, which is now also appearing at monorail
stations (the same logo, except with the text Monorail instead of Light
Rail).

Unfortunately it may be a while until 2106, or any other LRV, travels along
the extension to Lilyfield. No construction has yet taken place, and it's
status appears in the Government's just released 1999 Urban Infrastructure
Management Plan as a project under consideration without costings, as opposed
to a project that has been approved. If I were a cynic, I'd say that the
extension may be headed along the same lines as the Olympian trains and the
Parramatta - Chatswood rail link, both of which were announced and then
delayed by the current Government after they had served its political
purposes. Never mind, there's always more roads to be built...