Re: Melbourne's poor Met service

----------
In article <36e08521.18747681@news.iprolink.co.nz>,
davemcl@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz (David McLoughlin) wrote:

> Ian Jelf wrote:
>
>> David Proctor wrote:
>

>>>Isn't there an instruction to the drivers to depart just when the first
>>>passengers are 30m away from the bus door?
>>
>>Oh do they do that there as well?
>>
>>I *knew* that Australians were still basically British at heart!   ;-)
>

>They do the same thing here in NZ too,  but not when you're 30m
>away... more like when you are 3m away and banging on the side of the
>bus to beg the driver to wait.

Last September, at Floriade, I got to the door of an ACTion bus  (an
oxymoron).  The driver, female (although gender of drivers is basically a
non-issue, so don't start...) shut the door in my face and sat there for 15
seconds before pulling out.

It seems that it is something peculiar to British colonies.

Ofcourse, in Tasmania, we don't have passenger trains or trams, and our
buses are so rare, this is not a problem.

The Met is basically like  a hand of bananas- they're green and yellow, and
come in bunches.