Re: Melbourne's poor Met service

 Ian Jelf wrote:

> David Proctor wrote:

>>Isn't there an instruction to the drivers to depart just when the first
>>passengers are 30m away from the bus door?
>
>Oh do they do that there as well?
>
>I *knew* that Australians were still basically British at heart!   ;-)

They do the same thing here in NZ too,  but not when you're 30m
away... more like when you are 3m away and banging on the side of the
bus to beg the driver to wait.

If you actually get on, the driver will apply full acceleration to try
to send you flying before you reach a seat. Especially if you are an
old lady.

Well, it seems like that sometimes......

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand

The only city in the world where you will find signs at pedestrian
crossings which say: "Pedestrians give way to traffic."