Re: 520 or 621

dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:

>< Tell > (telljb@ozemail.com.au) wrote:
>> Speaking of gauge convertible, I was not aware that the
>> 520 class were.
>
>IIRC, the 520s have dished wheels which can be reversed to change the
>gauge.

Interesting, I never considered that.

They were/still a fine locomotive.
I was hauled by a 520 class way back in 1961 to join
the Budd's at Port Pirie Junction for a trip North and
a whole new life.  I left Adelaide in June 1961, it was
the middle of Winter, and wisps of steam slipped by my
window, as we roared through North Adelaide and
stations beyond, for a whole new life.

Hey, .....even old crusty's like me can get sentimental
some times.!

----Terry Burton
Alice Springs NT