Re: Ok fellas..maybe now is a good time to list who owns what??

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999 13:40:30 +1100, "Rod" <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote:

>With all the garbage concerning V/Line lately, I am having difficulty
>working out who is what around here.
>Wiscon Central own Islington??   any locos? rolling stock? Who do they trade
>as? Who are they connected with e.g. TasRail Adtranz??
>Genisys Wyoming own what ?  Locos? Rolling Stock?  Australian Affiliations?
>etc
The following is AFAIK:-
Wisconsin Central plus others own TranzRail (NZ); TranzRail plus
others own ATN (Australian Transport Network); ATN owns Tasrail.
Gennessee and Wyoming plus others own ASR.
Rail America plus Macquarie Bank plus SECRO (UK) plus others own GSR;
Rail America plus Macquarie Bank plus different others own Freight
Victoria.

>This list could make very interesting reading, and might enlighten us as to
>what engines are serviceable, on what gauge, and where they could be running
>tomorrow.
>an example would be N class back on the Overland, if the Pass goes the way
>of the Freight here in Victoria, as is being suggested.

AFAIK the Hook and Pull contract with NRC is for five years with four
to go. Not sure how watertight it is, though. Another year or so will
probably see the Overland extinct (GSR don't seem interested) so its
all a bit academic really.

Cheers

Krel

Or perhaps a G??