Re: Ararat BG connections

jdennis@acslink.net.au wrote, and I selectively quote:

>In article <36de1c51.9583039@news.enternet.com.au>,
>  steam4me@enternet.com.au wrote:
>
>> FV would probably better off paying for construction of the third arm
>> of a triangle at Maroona
>
>How much of a productivity improvement?  AFAIK there are no trains scheduled
>to reverse in the way you describe.  Adding the triangle would simply be a
>convenience - without any particular need.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear..... I was theorising that a third
leg of triangle would be a more efficient use of funds rather than
dual gauging the TT at Ararat if either were even being contemplated.

With FV's claim of commitment to bulk haulage of grain and other
commodities as well as developing intrastate freight, triangling (is
there such a word?) the Ararat and Maroona junctions will enable the
free movement of trains to both Geelong and Portland from north and
east.

Regards

Yuri
--