Re: New Era Ahead (Nasty Email Reply)

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999 00:12:04 +1000, "MattyQ" <matticue@corplink.com.au>
wrote:

>David Bromage wrote in message ...
>>True, but it's still bad form. That's why I have a rider on my web site
>>in which I reserve the right to make public and ridicule any abusive email
>>I receive. That gets around the problem of bad netiquette. :)
>

>So GOD can ridicule but us peons can't? Bit of a double standard, isn't it?
>Who ever heard of "netiquette" anyway?. One is encouraged to speak their
>mind but must suffer the slings and arrows if their view is not shared.
>That's life.
>
>Note the use of "if", "maybe", "should" and "possibly" to pacify the
>aus.rail police (aka GOD).

I have noticed a tendency amongst those of us who go by the netname of
GOD to be exceptionally diligent at correcting others, but should
anyone criticise or correct GOD then there is only ever deathly
silence.  Often the statement which caused the correction is then
repeated a month or two later, presumably in the hope that it has been
forgotten.

Not too many of the "if" words, just a "presumably".

JD
John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html