Re: ANOTHER CITYARIL COCKUP

--
Ray McDermott

Edward Slee <ews3@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
<7bj008$42d$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...
I find it hard to believe that any organisation actually committed to
putting the customer first, would voluntarily close the system down - for
maintenance or anything - even if 'only for the weekend'.

You know, I have travelled extensively in Japan over the last ten years and
have never known a maintenance shut down (they do it at night), a per-way
slowing, a dirty window and late running (I lie, I remember one train at
Hakodate way up in Hokkaido was shock-horror 3 minutes late.)  Here, they
change names, organization charts but not the culture.  Sack everybody and
get the Keio Line to show us how to run trains on time and keep them clean.
 At the moment our intercity sets are an absolute disgrace.  It took the
NSWGR/SRA  about 30 years to learn how to (almost) make power doors work; I
assume it will take the same time to get destination indicators that work.