Re: Spark breakdown in Melbourne

David McLoughlin wrote:

>  Iming Chan wrote:
>

> >> I've just been to CWL and there are electrical crews, trucks and lots and
> >> lots of passengers.  A Martin & King 6-car is stabled at the dwn end of pfm
> >> 2 and there are no sparks in the sidings.
> >>

> Hey, I am probably not the only person who doesn't have a clue what or
> where CWL is.
>
> I can tell you are talking about Melbourne, a city I know well,
> because of the reference to the Ventura buses.
>
> But CWL?  Do you mean Camberwell? Ventura buses don't run near there.
> And there would be chaos if trains couldn't get past Camberwell.

Sorry for the confusion, but I should have edited my friend's message before
forwarding to the newsgroups.

CWL is Camberwell (the correct railway abbreviation for it is - CAM).

As I am having my RDO today, so I don't really know the problem.  However,
according to my colleague at Glenferrie (he couldn't stay long on the phone, as
he's very busy processing Concession Cards/Student Passes.  I have just spent last
two days doing it at Ringwood and I'm glad to have a RDO today!), it seems there
is some overhead power problem at Hawthorn sub-station.  As indicated in the
earlier posting, replacement (Ventura) buses have been organised to ferry
customers between Camberwell and Burnley (?).  The extend of the problem is not
clear, but I did see two up trains leaving Glenferrie - one on the up line, while
other on the centre line, around 0915 this morning.

> Also, what is a Martin & King?

I think he's referring to a Hitachi set.

Cheers,

I.C.

Iming Chan                                   Station Officer, Ringwood
                                                       Hillside Trains
Email: chani@translib.com.au                      Melbourne, Australia
   ** To reply, please remove 'X' at the end of my email address **