Re: [Fwd: Spark breakdown]

David McLoughlin wrote:

>  Iming Chan wrote:
>

> >> I've just been to CWL and there are electrical crews, trucks and lots and
> >> lots of passengers.  A Martin & King 6-car is stabled at the dwn end of pfm
> >> 2 and there are no sparks in the sidings.
> >>

> Hey, I am probably not the only person who doesn't have a clue what or
> where CWL is.
>
> I can tell you are talking about Melbourne, a city I know well,
> because of the reference to the Ventura buses.
>
> But CWL?  Do you mean Camberwell? Ventura buses don't run near there.
> And there would be chaos if trains couldn't get past Camberwell.

That doesn't mean that they couldn't have been brought in to substitute a service.

Hillside / Bayside  will use the cheapest substitute available, and if Ventura
gets it then...

And yes.. what a mess if Camberwell shuts down :/

> Also, what is a Martin & King?

Martin and King are the company that made the modifications to the Comeng trains
(drivers access doors).
It is likely that they are contracted for repairs...

--
Thanks, Tony.

"Keyboard controller failure. - Press F1 to continue..."

New Homepage: http://homepages.tig.com.au/~baulko

It's here: Railpix - Australian Railway Photography.
            http://railpix.freeservers.com