Re: Hillside Trains (Melbourne) - Station Vacancies

Michael Walker wrote:

> >Just came across an advertisement from Hillside Trains in our weekly
> >suburban newspaper:
> >
> >Hillside Trains is seeking enthusiastic and self motivated people for
> >part-time positions in our Customer Services Department.
> >
> What happened to the last two lots!!!!!!!!?

The first of the two lots (10 people altogether, from memory) have completed
their formal training and now working at their respective location.  The second
group (9 people all up) just finished their training yesterday and will start
their work soon (if not from today).  For Ringwood area (Ringwood to
Belgrave/Lilydale), we only received three people from these two lots!!  More
are required, otherwise, some of us (including myself) have to work overtime,
get extra shifts, or close non-premium stations!!!

> Hillside seem to advertise for part timers every six months, then eventually
> bump them up to full time if they seem any good. I know of several people
> who have done this.

This is mainly due to forthcoming privatisation and some full-timers have
decided to take the "package".

Cheers,

I.C.

Iming Chan                                   Station Officer, Ringwood
                                                       Hillside Trains
Email: chani@translib.com.au                      Melbourne, Australia
   ** To reply, please remove 'X' at the end of my email address **