Re: Who maintains what ??

Ben Staples wrote:

> Maurie Daly wrote in message ...
>
> **SNIP**
>
> >Does anyone know who maintains ARTCs track ,signalling and Comm systems
> >elsewhere in Australia.
> >Maybe an avenue for RSA to take over the lot.
>
> From memory, RSA has the signalling and communications contract is S.A. and
> Transfield the track/civil contract. I am not aware who handles the
> Victorian standard gauge maintnance. RSA also maintains the Leigh Creek coal
> line.

Victorian ARTC MAINTENANCE is currently carried out by the PTC, for the
time being.  ARTC Capital works go out to tender, witness Transfield
getting the resleepering work on the plains line.  I expect ARTC
Maintenence will go out to tender in the near future.

Who does maintain the Leigh Creek line now, I seem to remember ABB being
mentioned as the new maintenance contractor?

BC