Re: Swanston Street Works

Is this now like the junction of Carlisle St, St Kilda Rad and Brighton Rd,
where the turnout for trams turning from Carlisle St into St Kilda Rd is at
a shallow angle to the straight track, then swings around, or have they laid
"gauntlet" track as on some European systems?

Does this junction now have overhead contactor and/or transponder control? I
don't think it did before the rehash. Of course, under the present routing
system, there is no regular use for the "straight" route.

(BTW, as I pointed out in another thread, when this was a
manually-controlled junction, the "white" aspect (branch) was shown on the
signal for the straight route, i.e. to Victoria St.

Does anybody know just what did happen to the person who was trying to join
a tram at the old terminus and was killed? (which resulted in the terminal
facilities being abandoned.)

Yet another query: Where were ALL the manually-controlled junctions
(including termini) in  Melbourne? (excluding railway crossings)

To my knowledge. there was/is:

Franklin St
Elizabeth St terminus
Batman Avenue terminus
Camberwell Junction (went auto 30+ years ago?)
St Kilda Junction (went auto when rebuilt in 1968/69)
All/most depot entrances?

was the "third road" at Domain Interchange ever manually controlled?

<7bcr4k$fcm$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>...