Re: It's still academic

trainboy@ozemail.com.au wrote in message
<7bcpqc$c59$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>In article <36D62260.6EBE2451@fastlink.com.au>,
>  Railway Rasputin <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote:
>
>> When the bottom light fails in a double light area, no matter what colour
it
>> might of been the driver must bring his train under control and travel un
der
>> caution to the next signal.
>>
>> If the second light was red theoretically the driver should be doing 60
kph as
>> the signal before would of been green over yellow.

I read this a few days ago, but just realized it ain't true. A caution
signal (Green over Red) will NOT be preceded by a medium signal (Green over
Yellow) if the distance from the caution signal to the stop signal next in
advance is at least full-speed braking distance. After all, the meaning of
the medium aspect is "proceed, next signal at caution, BUT SIGNAL WITHIN
BRAKING DISTANCE AT STOP" (my emphasis).

Rgds

Ron BEST