Re: GEs for Victoria?

"Rod" <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote:

>Why double ended?  Out with the old and in with the new!  Yanks dont use
>double ended cab locos, so why would they here?  If they want us to operate
>P or X long end, driver only....we will, just ask the TasRail boys.
>Union you say!...what union?  We had a union, it was called AFULE, but it is
>no longer!
>The PTU is a derivative of the ARU. In general  ex-ARU traffic types dont
>pay their dues, so the ex-AFULE types now pay about 4X what they did, and
>the ex-ARU who do pay, pay about half that. No money coming in, and no money
>to match Kennett's expensive Barristers, so like I said...no union!
>Rod

How come no Union Rod.?  Did Kelty from the ACTU
encourage "amalgamation".?

It was a Federal LABOR government who commissioned the
Hillmer report, which put so many railway and power
industry Australians out of work.

It was a State LABOR government which had the Lou Yang
power station sold off before it was commissioned.

But I guess Kennett and Howard will get the blame.

----Terry Burton
Alice Springs NT