Re: ARHS/nsw Track and Signal diagrams CD ROM (NSW)

In article <7lbl8i$gqs$1@lios.apana.org.au>,
C. Dewick <craigd@lios.apana.org.au> wrote:
>In <7l6ifd$gal$1@mirv.unsw.edu.au> G.Lambert@unsw.edu.au (Geoff Lambert) writes:
>
>>The largest image size is is about 1 MByte, which I think applies to
>>"blueprints"- light on a dark background.  Most images are in the 100
>>to 200 KByte range.  All are TIFF files.  You don't need the software
>>to look at the images, although the TIFF files are not readable by all
>
>Are the CD's in true ISO-9660 format, which would enable them to be used in
>more than just Wintel machines? All my machines are Sun workstations running
>Unix, so unless the CD's are in real ISO-9660 format I won't be able to use
>them.

 They will be Joliet almost for sure. If the files have sensible 8.2 names
you are fine with the Sun, otherwise you are left decyphering what the 8.2
names mean.
 Some one at MS decided that Rock Ridge long file names wasnt good enough
and invented a new long file name format for CDROMs.

 Linux can read Joliet long file names, install linux on your Sun...