Re: Yarra Trams given to Metrolink

David Bromage wrote:

> John Wayman wrote:
> > The 624 bus service already does this. With a 1 hour service frequency the
> > demand can't be great!
>
> It could be a chicken and egg problem. The 366/367 buses between Ringwood
> and Croydon used to be hourly, but patronage picked up when the frequency
> was increased.

And I have read that the patronage of the tram lines between Tyler
Street and McKimmies Lane and between Warrigal Road and Blackburn Rd is
much greater now with frequent tram services than it was when buses ran
along Plenty Road and Burwood Highway respectively over these routes.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand