Re: Yarra Trams given to Metrolink

John Duncan McCallum <mccallum@melbpc.org.au> wrote in message
37775547.F452C79B@melbpc.org.au">news:37775547.F452C79B@melbpc.org.au...

> It would be nice to extend the 57 to Avondale Heights, but I suspect the
> cost
> of the Bridge over the river would be prohibitive.
> Regarding Highpoint Shopping Centre, a realignment of the 82 to run past
> it
> instead of away from it would be sensible.

Someone told me years ago that the road bridge to the West of the West
Maribyrnong tram terminus had been designed and built to allow for a tram
line to be laid across it at a later date.

The 82 tram goes close enough to High Point Shopping Centre. The tram stop
is not far from the entrance, and the expense of moving it isn't justified,

Cheers
John Wayman