Re: Suggestions for a better Melbourne

I can imagine some of the potential responses to this thread so I might get
in early and suggest we shouldn't knock such innovative and imaginable
thinking. Indeed, I would suggest we all get behind this 100%. We can do
this by donating money out of our own pockets and show Transport House we
want these improvements. When do we want them? Now!

I have taken the liberty of opening an account that can have money put
straight in at your local National Bank, financiers to the successful,
popular and highly acclaimed and imitated Metcard ticketing system in
Melbourne. It is called the Designated Railway Expansion Account Melbourne.
Should all the projects not go ahead within 6 months, all funds will go to a
good cause - my railway holiday around Australia in the January school
holidays. Indeed, if you like I will even visit you all on the holiday to
thank you personally - as long as you put me and my new missus up for a
night or two.

Actually I'm joking. You should have guessed when I described Metcard as
successful and popular. Of course, if you want to fund my railway holiday
you still can by emailing me direct...8^)

(sorry Stephen for the smiley)