Re: ODD DESTINATIONS

Ron BESDANSKY (formerly Ron BEST) <ronbest@bigpond.com> wrote in message
Z%Da3.12489$PN5.32873@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:Z%Da3.12489$PN5.32873@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> Inspired by a recent posting to a different thread, I thought I revive the
> "TRIVIA" tradition of this n,g, with a competition for the oddest-named
> public transport destination. [To confirm with the "rules" of this n.g.,
> they should be (or have been) RAIL destinations.] My initial candidates
> (with due acknowledgement to Traction Australia Publications) are:
>
> Subiaco (Perth - tram)
> Eaglehawk (Bendigo - tram)
> Chelsea - World's End (London - bus/tram?)
> Putney - Green Man  (London - bus/tram?)
> Football (Melbourne - tram)
> Paradise (Adelaide - tram/bus/O-bahn)
> Hell (Norway - train)
> Circolare sinistre (sp?) (Milano - trolleybus) (means  "anticlockwise
> circle")
>
> Rgds
>
> Ron BESDANSKY (formerly Ron BEST)

I could try some:

Aircraft (Bayside Trains, Melb.)
Anstey (Bayside Trains, Melb.)
Ardeer (V/Line Passenger, Melb.)
Balaclava (Bayside Trains, Melb.)
Batman (Bayside Trains, Melb.)
Breakwater (V/Line Passenger, Geelong)
Cemetery (former Victorian Railways, Melb.)
Cockatoo (Puffing Billy, Dandenong Ranges)
Coldstream (V/Line Freight, Melb.)
Dennis (Hillside Trains, Melb.)
Digger's Rest (V/Line Passenger, Melb.)   <- sounds like council worker's
haven!
Fielder (Puffing Billy, Dandenong Ranges)
Flagstaff (Bayside Trains, Melb.)
Gardiner (Hillside Trains, Melb.)
General Motors (Bayside Trains, Melb.)
Hoppers Crossing (Bayside Trains, Melb.)
Kananook (Bayside Trains, Melb.)
Kooyong (Bayside Trains, Melb.)
Moonee Ponds (Bayside Trains, Melb.)
Officer (Bayside Trains, Melb.)
Parliament (Bayside Trains, Melb.)
Reservoir (Bayside Trains, Melb.)
Sunshine (Bayside Trains, Melb.)   <- in Melbourne?  highly unlikely!
Upfield (Bayside Trains, Melb.)