Re: Ringwood

: No signalling abolition pleases me, but technology must take its course.

I won't go through the moves you can now do, that a fram would never let
you do.  Like getting the signal 302 to procees, then run points 204 (just
after 304)  There are no speed trips, and no overlap past 304.  You
could never do that with the frame.

: One question though, on Signal 303 (Down Platform, Up Home Departure) which
: is a STOP signal only, why the need to put a fully functional trip arm
: there??

: I would have thought they would use the standard "chunk of metal" like Box
: Hill or Cheltenham....

I think you will find that thery are also mechanical trip arms now, they
are ment to use mechanical trip arms for fixed RED signals, after one of
these "chunks of metal" was removed by someone that thought it didn't
do anything at Darling.  So the theory is that a mechanical one won't
be removed as it looks like it does something.

: > http://cmgord.alphalink.com.au/trains/ringwood/

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord