Re: Rail Adventures Around Australia

Rod Gayford wrote:

> I noticed on last Saturday,s show that Jones was quoted as saying that they
> were going to cover over all the exhibits. What does that mean? Could it mean
> Jones has gotten very considerate and is going to roof over the exhibits so
> that the scappers can work out of the weather when they cut up the rusting
> hulks or is he going to cover them up with dirt when he digs a big hole to bury
> all the rusting hulks. Maybe he could have a contest with Thirlmere to see
> which outfit has the most rusting hulks.

I popped in to  Dorrigo  just before  christmas '97 and saw the mess I only thought
was there, after all that 60min and discussion ever since. Still I wanted to see
for myself and not judge a situation and people.

Still do not want to judge the people, but wahta I saw --- not good. Rusting hulks.
Signs all over the place to stay out ( reasonable - tresspass on any grounds is a
no-no)
It was quiet as. And the only contact was a telephone number that had a person who
was not too friendly, sayinmg the place couldn't open as the exhibits were not
ready.

Rather than bagging them, I'm more interested in what is happening up there. The
locos are rusting away, and the rest is rotting away. I cannot imagine the shed
required to put them under cover.

Thirlmere  seems a lot better. I saw that museam for the first time a few month
before seeing Dorrigo, and they have made a decent effort. So Dorrigo will rust out
more. At least you can visit Thirlmere.

As always if there is better information to correct me, pelase do (spellin
excepted)

As for the TV show, it is a great go at getting railways some publicity. The
railway show we would like are what you and I all buy from our shops.

Regards,
David