Re: Scanning Photos

LooseLips <danv@primus.com.au> wrote in message
929844676.488685@diddley.primus.com.au">news:929844676.488685@diddley.primus.com.au...
> Can anyone here recommend how to scan photos/images that can be resized
> (reduced or enlarged) without the blur and other crap. Basically the same
> quality as the original.

Adobe Photoshop does a professional job, at professional price.
Less expensive is Adobe Image Ready, their program for Web graphics.

I have tried to find a freeware program which does a good clean job of
reducing the size. No success. The closest is American Software's 20/20 from
http://www.hotfreeware.com . This is advertiser supported software -- free,
but it displays an advert when you launch it.

IrfanView does not do a clean job of reducing size, but is a must-have free
program for keeping track of your images & doing basic manipulation & more.
http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/

See also:
http://info.mountains.net.au/gorge/ for more help
http://www.completelyfreesoftware.com/ for Completely Free Software