Re: Latest from the NSW rumour mill

Rod <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote in message
7kiqg6$os4$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7kiqg6$os4$1@news1.mpx.com.au...

**SNIP**

> Hold on Ben,
>                   in Victoria the Interstate links went to the National
> Track Body, all other tracks went to the State body. I believe NSW refused
> to hand their Interstate Links over to the Adelaide Controller [??] But in
> Victoria Austrac Great Nothern, etc etc all share the track,
> Rod

That's true, but if FreightCorp (FreightCorp, TABCorp, ECorp, my God, were
being overtaken by Corp's) was to be sold, tracks and all (as Maurie
suggets), all the intrastate/regional operators could be lost. What is to
stop the new owner thinking maintenance is more important on their chosen
routes and no others??

Ben Staples