Re: Melbourne Airport Link II (Vic)

4 tracks on the Broady line!!! You've got to be kidding. I believe in long term
planning but when will this part of Melbourne ever need 4 tracks?

Chicago's O'Hare aiport rail line goes through more suburbia than the Tulla
line ever will and it gets by on 2 tracks quite nicely.

<< Alternatively, lowering the railway would have many benefits: eliminate the
sg flyover (which has a restrictive grade), >>

What do you mean by restrictive grade? The Jacana flyover is not the ruling
grade of the NE SG.

I can't see anything wrong with simply building the extension to Tulla and
doing nothing between Flinders St and Broady.

As I said before, I doubt Tulla would need anymore than a 20 minute service. So
in one direction that makes 6 trains per hour total. No need to build new just
to go from 3 trains per hour to 6 trains per hour. (Or counting up and down 6
trains per hour to 12 trains per hour)

Better to build modestly but get it built than to go for pie in the sky schemes
that never get built because of $$$$

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/