Re: Yarra Trams given to Metrolink

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:41:13 GMT, steam4me@enternet.com.au (Yuri J
Sos/Melbourne AUS) wrote, and I selectively quote:

>On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 18:04:40 +1000, I wrote, and I wish to add
>
>I left out the new 200 low floor trams.
My mistake in listening to the news over 3 sick coughing kids: it's 31
new low-floor trams.

>Also Transfield, one of the builders of the CityLink, is part of the
>Metrolink consortium..... mainly French, I think.
>
>The late Nine news confirmed that Metrolink has been given the trams
>and 12 years exclusive running rights over 10 routes and that they
>have to come up with new trams.

They also have the right to sell or otherwise dispose of trams not
required during their 12 year contract - ownership of whatever's left
to revert to VicGov at end of 12 years.

Look for the full article entitled "City Link firm to run trams"
in the Age at

http://www.theage.com.au/daily/990619/news/news3.html

and also in the business section entitled
"Penalties if Metrolink trams don't get better "
at
http://www.theage.com.au/daily/990619/bus/bus11.html

Regards

Yuri
--
==================================
Yuri J Sos

Unless otherwise stated, all locations mentioned
are in Victoria, Australia

Reply to: steam4me@enternet.com.au

Personal Web site has now moved to
http://www.railpage.org.au/steam4me
Recipient of Compuserve Web Gem Award

The Steam Media Productions web site has moved to
http://www.railpage.org.au/smedia