Re: ARHS/nsw Track and Signal diagrams CD ROM (NSW)

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, M.G.Smith wrote:

> I get an error message when trying to view the images on the CD ROM, using
> the program provided.
> It says "A program error has occured, click to ignore to continue, click
> close to exit"
> Clicking ignore only brings up the same dialog box.
> I can print an image OK.
> Anyone had the same problem?
> Anyone suggest how to fix?
> P.S. I can view the images using a "tiff" viewer, so there is nothing wrong
> with the images, just the program.

Although I don't have the above CD or program, I have had numerous
experiences with these and General Protection Fault errors. - I
have put it down to MS Windoze and not enough memory.  I'm not saying your
computer doesn't have enough memory - the problem may lie within two
poorly written programs - the CD program & MS Windoze.

Gareth.

PS - In case you were wondering, I am studying Info Tech at RMIT, and
spend 90% of my time at uni on MS Windoze computers.

Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278                                 1