Re: Concession Fares on CityRail

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, John <Jones@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Instead of bludging on the tax payer why don't you pay full fare. All of you
> UNI students bludge on the government while you are still at uni, but once
> you leave, you try to rip everyone off. I am very sorry of coarse if you
> intend to offer student rates when you graduate.

Thank you to all those people who made a helpful comment on my situation
(this does not include anonymous poster "John")
If you missed my original reply-post, then here's a quick summary:  RoA
cards don't exist anymore, an "international students' identification
card" (or something to that effect) replaced it.  This and the RoA cards
are not valid for CityRail anyway.  I found this out by dialling the State
Rail switchboard and being transferred to the appropriate department.

All I can say to "John" is that I do not have green hair and lay around
smoking dope all day.  I am trying to get a future for myself.  I could
quite easily drop out and get a job at Maccas - but that's all I would do
for the rest of my life.  I am entitled to a holiday once in a while, but
unfortunately it isn't easy living on $85 a week.
Whilst I realise that you are just trying to get me upset, ("someone's
abusing me on the internet..."), all I can offer is hope for someone who
is as sad as yourself.

Gareth.