Re: Yarra Trams given to Metrolink

Hope your kids are getting better, mate. Looks like they won't have much
heritage left by the time Jeff become consigned to history's scrap heap!

DW

Yuri J Sos/Melbourne AUS wrote in message
<376bc32e.164773@news.enternet.com.au>...
On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:41:13 GMT, steam4me@enternet.com.au (Yuri J
Sos/Melbourne AUS) wrote, and I selectively quote:

>On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 18:04:40 +1000, I wrote, and I wish to add
>
>I left out the new 200 low floor trams.
My mistake in listening to the news over 3 sick coughing kids: it's 31
new low-floor trams.

>Also Transfield, one of the builders of the CityLink, is part of the
>Metrolink consortium..... mainly French, I think.
>
>The late Nine news confirmed that Metrolink has been given the trams
>and 12 years exclusive running rights over 10 routes and that they
>have to come up with new trams.

They also have the right to sell or otherwise dispose of trams not
required during their 12 year contract - ownership of whatever's left
to revert to VicGov at end of 12 years.

Look for the full article entitled "City Link firm to run trams"
in the Age at

http://www.theage.com.au/daily/990619/news/news3.html

and also in the business section entitled
"Penalties if Metrolink trams don't get better "
at
http://www.theage.com.au/daily/990619/bus/bus11.html

Regards

Yuri
--
==================================
Yuri J Sos

Unless otherwise stated, all locations mentioned
are in Victoria, Australia

Reply to: steam4me@enternet.com.au

Personal Web site has now moved to
http://www.railpage.org.au/steam4me
Recipient of Compuserve Web Gem Award

The Steam Media Productions web site has moved to
http://www.railpage.org.au/smedia