Re: GUNZEL

Dave Malcolm wrote:

> >std wrote:

> >> My favorite recollections of "Gunzels" was seeing them hanging from Signal
> >> posts around Waterfall taking photographs.

	Heh.

	Some Years Back, i was at a a railfan convention, in Roanoke, VA,
	USA.  Featured attractions were J611 and A1218.  (Large Steam,
	one streamlined passenger hauler, one articulated freight
	hog....).  AnyWay, two vignettes seem applicable:

	Curiously Enough, with these steamers parked in the center of
	things, and Official Railway Employee deemed it an opportune
	time to paint (or was it just inspect?) a signal bridge which
	happened overlook the doings.

	Later, i noticed a particular individual, with a neat rig, of on
	35 mm and one Hasselblad, on a common, pistol grip, mount,
	shooting from a road overbridge.  Founf out later, seeing him
	again, closer to home, on a fan trip: he was Road Foreman of
	Engines for the local commuter operation...

	(The jerk award, for the week, went to the 'fan' who yelled
		Get Out of the Picture
	at one of the lok crew, as he oiled around....)

thanks
dave pierson                    |the facts, as accurately as i can
manage,
Compaq Computer Corporation     |the opinions, my own.
334 South St                    |
Shrewsbury, Mass. 01545 USA     |pierson@ggone.enet.dec.com
"He has read everything, and, to his credit, written nothing." A J
Raffles
"The Net of a million lies..."  att. to Vernor Vinge