Re: GUNZEL

My favorite recollections of "Gunzels" was seeing them hanging from Signal
posts around Waterfall taking photographs. I used to take pity and throw
them a copy of the X-2010 I was going to throw out at Waterfall, made me
smile to watch them running up the tracks after a tumbling piece of paper !

The other thing I liked was having my Van stop on a platform somewhere to
find a group of "gunzels" discussing the "whys and wherefores" about my
train but totally ignoring the fact I was leaning on the "Dutch doors" and
was quite happy to give them correct information rather than the "bilge"
they were carrying on about.
But you guessed it "gunzels" know more about trains than the lowly Guard.
--
Marc Hunt
(Ex-Enfield Guard)