Re: Route 70 tram.

I was at the official opening ceremony on Sun.6.6, starting at about 12.00.
 Two B2s came from Camberwell Depot via the new route, ran into Flinders St
and shunted at Swanston St.
2019 ran out to the tennis centre to lurk.  Decorated (2026?) stood at the
ceremony site, on the bridge near Flinders St.
After the speeches, a ribbon was cut by a young tramway enthusiast from the
crowd; the official group travelled in the B2, then alighted at the tennis
centre and walked back.
2019 arrived to form the first public tram (which I rode).  It went down to
the corner of Swan St, then came back on the down line, and continued to
run shuttles using only one track.
--
Regards
Roderick Smith