Re: Violence on Sydney trains

David Proctor (thadocta@spam.ozemail.spam.com.spam.au) wrote:
: C. Dewick wrote in message <7k01og$b93$1@lios.apana.org.au>...
:
-snip-
: Absolutely - I have never had any qualms about travelling by train, even at
: night. Not a single incident has occurred near me, and I travel to Penrith
: (which, along with Bankstown and Campbelltwon, whould be the line it is
: going to happen on).   DaveP

I agree in that I never have and qualms about travelling on the trains.
But although I do not often travel the Penrith line I have seen and/or
become involved in incidents while on that line.

There is something that people on the NG seem to have forgotten. That is
it is the duty of all citizens at all times to, within reason and within
their capabilities, to see to civil order. So if you see someone being
intimidated you have the right and the duty to stand with them against
the yobo element and to get other passengers to join with you.

I don't say it is easy, mind.

--
  -RodH-
rodh@zip.com.au  vox +61-2-955-00-395  fax +61-2-956-00-356