Re: How do you scan slides?

I know this is way off topic for this ng.

<<<<<Don't bother with flatbeds with transparency adapters - they still
scan at 300/600 dpi, which is useless for a slide (you need up to 2400
dpi, depending on what output you want)>>>>

Actually its not the dpi that handicaps flatbeds it's their lack of dynamic
range. For my webpage I scan the slides at 144ppi @ 800%, I then resample them
down to 72ppi which gives me more or less full screen for a 832 wide screen.
Scanning slides for the web at 1000ppi or more is totally unnecesary.

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/