Re: Decision on Alice to Darwin Rail now expected next Tuesday 8/6/99

I understand that Olsen has just revealed he intends to use funds from the
leasing of ETSA (about $5 billion) to make up the difference.
The SA government is expecting legislation supporting the lease of our
electricity assets to pass the L.C. today, with a second labour MLC
resigning from the ALP and crossing the floor to vote with the government.

The advertiser this morning wrote that the winning bid was rumoured to have
come from the Asia Pacific Transport consortium.

Lachlan
ADELAIDE

< Tell > <telljb@OZozemail.com.au> wrote in article
<3762e3a3.2865420@news.ozemail.com.au>...