Re: CityRail Problems 28/5/99

harry wrote:

> I was wondering, since when has a train guard got the power to throw people
> of the train. In the Act it only gives the power to Police as authorised
> officers. A guard can only open and close the doors which the driver will be
> doing soon anyway.

Sigh.  You are of course, correct.  The guard cannot throw someone off the
train, but when I say in a loud voice "You can either get off the train now, or
the train will sit here until the police arrive", they usually chose to leave of
their own accord.  Most passengers will also "encourage" them to leave, as they
want to go home too.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard