Re: 80th Anniversary tour

Gareth Lumsden <s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au> wrote in message
Pine.SOL.3.96.990602105005.6011H-100000@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au">news:Pine.SOL.3.96.990602105005.6011H-100000@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au...

> On Mon, 31 May 1999, Jozis wrote:

> > I think it was a bit of a messed up tour: rain, lateness. I caught up
> > with it at Flinders St at about 4;30, it was about 20min late.

> I can't say that it was that bad.  I've been on a few tours which ran much
> later than this.  The weather was bad, I'm getting my photos back today
> and am not expecting too much out of them.  The main reason for the
> lateness was an extended stop at Brighton Beach - even though a tait tour
> visited there recently, plenty of people wanted photos.

Timekeeping was excellent in the morning, (on the Hillside portion of the
tour, if you read anything into it??), but a rather sloppy piece of pathing
tabled the spcl 2 minutes behind a down Sandringham for the journey to
Brighton Beach.  Why not path the spcl in front of the stopper? Who knows...

It got worse at BBH, when the spcl was tabled to preceded an up SHM spark.
But the up SHM preceded the spcl.  So we followed the stopper all the way to
FEX.

Just to top it off, a howler of a routing error was made at FSS.  The spcl
was pathed to take the BV and plat. 10 at SSS; but took the PV and 8A trk at
SSS, thus avoiding the platform, for what was a tabled set down stop!  (This
was theoretically a Hillside mistake - thus proving Hillside must be just as
good as Bayside)

And before you ask/complain:

FEX - Richmond Junction (Formerly Flinders St E Box/Jolimont Junction)
BBH - Brighton Beach
SSS - Spencer St
FSS - Flinders St
FLX - Franklin St (hope you're remembering all this...)
SHM - Sandringham
BV - Burnley Viaduct
PV - Clifton Hill Viaduct (Princes Bridge - geddit?)

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.